Laboratory of Engineering Profile "Physical and Chemical Methods of Analysis"
Head of the Laboratory – candidate of chemical sciences Appazov Nyrbol Orynbasaruly
The Laboratory of Engineering Profile "Physicochemical Methods of Analysis" was established in 2009 within realization of initiative of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan about opening such laboratories in regions for integrating science and higher education.
The research guidelines and practical tasks of LEP
The laboratory has next goals and tasks: - developing research level of technologies of processing natural and technogenic raw material by using modern research complexes agreeable to the world standards of technical and operating characteristics; - participation in training of qualified specialists (students, postgraduates, PhD) on the basis of laboratory, equipped with modern facilities; - conducting expert researches, rendering services for other organizations in using scientific equipment and providing possibilities for commercialization of knowledge and technologies.
The laboratory is equipped with modern instruments of research class of leading companies-manufacturers such as Japan, USA, Switzerland, Russia, Netherlands, and each of which is designed to address a range of analytical problems. The use of gas, liquid chromatographs, chromatography-mass-spectrometry, IK-Fourier spectrometer, spectrofluorimeter, spectrophotometer, low-vacuum scanning electron microscope, titration, calorimeter give reliable results and conclusions when analyzing the quality of agricultural, food products and objects of environment, water, soil samples, oil, petroleum products, solid fuels and underperforming a variety of research and work in the field of chemistry.
The laboratory had passed accreditation (accreditation order №12-927 from 05.09.2012) and it realizes laboratory-production quality control according to nomenclature and test types vested in accreditation field, also normative documents.
Accreditation field: oil and oil products
- density of oil at the 20 C°, fractional composition, mass concentration of water, concentration of sodium chloride, mass concentration of mechanical impurities, mass concentration of sulfur, oil-freezing point, pour point, kinematic viscosity.
- volume fraction of benzene in motor petrol.
The result processing, calculations and registration of information are carried out on modern computers and software, which are using all the last achievements in sphere of technology and software.
Agilent 7890A gas chromatograph (USA and China)
Spectroscan Max – GF2E roentgen-fluorescent spectrometer (Russia)
Contact information: Kyzylorda, Abai prospect 66, 5th building of Korkyt Ata KSU
Phone number: 8 (724) 23-10-41
To promote work of laboratory, also for conducting shared researches and create projects in priority directions of science and technology development of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the University had made Consortium agreement with 6 National open laboratories and laboratories of engineering profile, and 5 Research centers of Kazakhstan. Also there are agreements with 5 institutions of higher education of Russian Federation and 6 manufacturing companies (including oil companies) of region.
The staff of laboratory is formed of leading and young scientists of university’s teaching staff. The staff consists of 10 people: laboratory chief, 3 research workers, 2 leading experts, 4 technic workers. 60 % of staff has a degree. Also other professors, postgraduates and students are part of collective.
Laboratory workers and university professors had trainings of International program “Bolashak” in Japan, Malaysia, Russian Federation, according to that specialist of these countries were invited to exchange. Also laboratory workers had advances trainings in the Almaty branch of National accreditation center and in the laboratories of leading higher education institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
On the basis of laboratory courses of mastering methods of working with analytical devices, and more than 300 teachers and workers of university had taken these courses.
Taking into account source of raw materials and economical peculiarities of region on the basis of laboratory there are conducted fundamental and applied researches for next themes:
- Creating the scientific basis for obtaining esters of carboxylic acids by hydro-etherification of olefin by carbon monoxide in the presence of homogeneous catalytic systems;
- Working out methods for monitoring of oil-polluted soil of Aral region and technologies for its purification with the use of biologicals under hot climate;
- Research and development of processing technology of solid paraffin of oil extraction and oil processing into practically useful products;
- Development of functional fermented milk product technologies;
- Development of fermented milk product technologies with the use of vine and subtropical culture;
- Quality control of water content in the Syrdarya river for pollutants of organic and inorganic origin and elimination of pollution sources.
Today on the basis of laboratory, within 055 “Scientific and/or scientific-technical activity” program and 101 “Grant financing of scientific researches” under-program, researches of next projects are continuing:
1) The study of the prospects of using medicinal plant extracts Camel thorn (Alhagi pseudoalhagi) in the prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis;
2) The new polyfunctional organophosphorus compounds based on a number of heterocyclic ketones, the search for biologically active substances.
The laboratory works side by side with basic laboratories of departments and science centers of the university, also provides scientific-technological assistance to professors, postgraduates and students with conducting of researches.