“Petrochemistry” Engineering Profile Laboratory of Atyrau Institute of Oil and Gas
The chief of laboratory – Doctor of Chemistry, professor Saginaev A.T.
Contact information8 (7122) 32-57-76, 8 701 5083699;
“Petrochemistry” EPL was founded by initiative of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan N. Nazarbayev and by order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan (order № 120 from 15.03.2007).
“Physicochemical methods of research” sector
The laboratory was certified in the accreditation system of the Republic of Kazakhstan to meet standards of ISO/IEC 17025-2007 “General requirements for competence of testing and calibration laboratory” in Technical committee of regulation and metrology of LLC “NCA” of MINT of the Republic of Kazakhstan (accreditation certificate № KZ.I.06.1465 from 11.10.2013).
- participation in accomplishment of state budget and contract research works taking into account laboratory specification and region needs;
- participation in innovative project competitions, in programs promoted by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Ministry of environmental control of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Ministry of industry and trade of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Ministry of oil and gas of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- attracting students and postgraduates, studying laboratory disciplines, for participation in researches for students, postgraduates, doctorates, also for preparing and publication of scientific articles with laboratory workers; to participation in scientific and technical conference on university, regional and republic level;
- carrying works of introduction the results in educational process and industry.
The main activity guidelines of “Petrochemistry” Engineering Profile Laboratory:
- Research of physicochemical features of West Kazakhstan oil;
- Developing the technology of refining of sulfur-bearing and heavy oil of West Kazakhstan;
- Petrochemical processing depressor additives, which improves commodity features of oil products, rust inhibitors and other valuable oil products;
- Research of solid-state materials and rocks;
- Analysis of the composition of water, air and soil;
- Research of oil-polluted soils for road construction;
- Training scientific manpower.
The long-term development plan of EPL for 2012-2017.
- active participation in development and realization of state, regional and industrial research programs and projects in petrochemistry, technology chemistry, oil and gas transportation;
- activation of laboratory’s incorporation into international scientific foundation by joining forces of scientists and experts in solving problems of petrochemestry development;
- increasing of academic mobility and export of research services, support of international scientific cooperation;
- increasing of laboratory value through attracting of investment and innovative resources.