INTERNATIONAL MATERIAL SCIENCE CENTER
Now on the basis of IMSC the following scientific projects are carried out: "Development and deployment of production of sand-pitch forms with a non-stationary pressure for the purpose of improvement of quality of finished goods" (the contract with CS MES No. 198-6 of March "16", 2018, financing for 2018-2020 – 27,2 million tenges.), "Creation, development and deployment of production technologies and processing of wearproof materials of new generation for receiving details of metallurgical units" (the contract with CS MES No. 217 of March "20", 2018, financing for 2018-2020 – 170 million tenges.); "Improvement of manufacturing techniques of precision castings from difficult alloying steels with the homogenized structure and the improved properties with use of raw materials of the Kazakhstan contents" (the contract with CS MES No. 198-8 of March "16", 2017, financing for 2018-2020 – 24,2 million tenges.), "Development and implementation of refractory materials manufacturing technology for the metallurgical industry with optimal porosity and high heat resistance ”(contract with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 198-7 dated March 16, 2017, financing for 2018-2020 - 30 million tenge),"Metalographic and petrographic researches of tests of high-ash coal of Kushoky coal mine (a agreement with Karaganda Plant of Complex Alloys LLP No. 17.12.02 from 12/1/2017, financing for 2018-2019 – 15 million tenges.), "Increase in corrosion resistance of ferrous and non-ferrous metals by use of halloysite nanotubes" (To the contract No. 291 of 23.12.2016 with JSC Fund of Science, financing for 2017-2019 – 150 million tenges.).
The project “Technology commercialization”, which was developed by Kazakhstani and foreign experts, has been being realized more than one year. This project is aimed at developing of science in the Kazakhstan for the purpose of increasing commercial importance of researches. The grant for founding International material science centre (IMSC) is an under-project of “Technology commercialization” from 21/06/2013, and its aim is promotion of international standards in realization of researches, development and intensification of cooperation with international science community and industry.
Summarizing of competition
(from left: Ibirayim N. – chairman of Committee of Science of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan,
Shcwaizger G. – chairman of International science and commercialization board,
Beksultan E. – resident of International Bank for Reconstruction and Development)
Karaganda State Technical University was awarded for “Founding of International Material Science Centre” within project of “Technology commercialization” (Report of Science and commercialization international council from 21/06/2013). International Material Science Centre will be founded on the basis of Testing Engineer profile laboratory “Complex development of mineral raw material sources”.
Shcwaizger G. chairman of ISCB congratulates the winners of competition
IMSC field is coordination of work of National laboratories, shared laboratories, research centers with laboratories and centers of foreign countries in common virtual zone; providing of scientific-research and development engineering works by people involved in scientific and technological activity in material science field and mining industry sphere; also assists in cooperation of junior and senior researchers, also postgraduates recruitment researches.
The goals of International Material Science Centre:
- creation and providing access to web-site and informational portal for realization researches in material science field by scientist of our and foreign countries.
- providing access to the information of central hub for an exchange and shared usage of resource by research community of Kazakhstan.
- providing of scientific-research and development engineering works by persons involved in scientific and technological activity.
- coordination of work of National laboratories, shared laboratories, research centers with laboratories and centers of foreign countries in common virtual zone.
- to publish electronic journal.
The tasks of International Material Science Centre:
- creation of model laboratory centre;
- organization of internet-community for collective exchange of scientific articles, news, vacancies and information;
- invitation of foreign scientists, organization of trainings for scientists, postgraduates and graduates with equipment;
- holding trainings about the quality standards, environment control and waste management;
- participation in developing of environment control system and quality standards, consulting about certification;
- accreditation of laboratories according to ISO-9001 and GLP standards;
- science and education integration;
- strengthening of the science and technological resources;
- training and retraining of experts and scientific and pedagogical personnel.
For realization of project was approved IMSC’s structure, which consists from 6 department, they organize and develop cooperation of Kazakhstan’s innovational system’s subjects with science centers of other countries:
- International cooperation department;
- data-analytical department;
- methodical department and film studio;
- quality management system department;
- consulting and commercialization department;
- editing and publishing department of electronic journal.
Developed: LCC “IMSC’s” regulations; staff list of IMSC; job description of principal, managers of structural departments and engineers according to ISO-9001 standards. On 6th November 2013 (Astana city) was held meeting with project supervisor Karen Grigoryan and finance expert of World Bank Hyran Hirat for discussion of IMSC project realization, accounting budget and purchase plan for IMSC. On 9th November 2013 (Karaganda city) was held meeting with participation of SCIC experts Chanbash Bashir and Netesov Sergei, where IMSC staff introduced to experts the IMSC’s work and plan of project realization.
Meeting of IMSC staff with ISCB members.
Introducing to ISCB experts and PMU member with University projects.
On 11th November 2013 (Astana city) was made a presentation of IMSC and prepared demonstrational materials and brochures for International seminar “Importance of government in innovation stimulation and its consequences for Kazakhstan” with participation of the vice-minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan Orynbaev T.E.
The vice-minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan Orynbaev T.E. observing exhibition desk of IMSC.